Friday, August 17, 2012

Chobani Black Cherry Brownies

(from Chobani)

Time for a Joef recipe, folks (generally, when there's dessert involved, or baking, it's all Joef; he is simply way better at this whole following a precise recipe thing than I am)! On one of our first trips to the grocery store in Berkeley (oh yeah, we moved! It's awesome here!!), we were picking out yogurt, and Joef spotted a recipe for brownies on the back of a Chobani yogurt container. I generally don't get that enthused about desserts, so I reluctantly said yes, let's do it, but you're doing all the baking! Joef happily took up the mantle.

And OhMyGod, am I glad he did. I can't tell you how delicious these are! I mean, I can - they are SO delicious! Moist, flavorful...just, wow. I've heard some of my baking friends talk about using yogurt in their cooking, and now I get it. The fact that it's Greek yogurt adds just that hint of tartness that keeps it from being too, too sweet. Oh man. I want these again.

Here's the recipe, straight off the container:
1 cup black cherry Chobani non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 10oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk the Chobani, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl. Melt the chocolate chips with the butter and let it cool, then whisk it into the Chobani mixture. Last, stir in the flour and salt. Grease an 8-inch baking dish and pour in the brownie mix. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment