Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Archana's Apple Brownies


(from Archana, who got it from Jessica, who got it from...)

My friend Archana was generous enough to share this delicious recipe with me after our apple-picking excursion. I loved this recipe not just because it tastes amazingly good, but because it's simple. And my experience with baking to-date has been complicated and time-consuming. Don't get me wrong - it's still fun, and the results are worth it, but it's also nice to know you can whip up something sweet without too much effort.

I'm going to give it to you just as she gave it to me. Pass it on!

"1 C. softened butter
1 3/4 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C. chopped apples (i have done them by hand or in a cuisinart)

combine butter and sugar. add eggs and vanilla. in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. mix with wet ingredients until just moistened. fold in apples. bake in a greased pan at 350 for 45 minutes. can put a glaze on it made of 1/2 C. powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp. vanilla.

they are magical."

Yes, yes they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment