Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Nicoise" Sandwiches


More tuna tonight. And, somewhat predictably, more arugula and more goat brie. This is another recipe you can really play around with according to taste. For example, Joef always put olives (another theme!) - usually kalmata - on his. Tonight, I added hard-boiled egg. I also used the Hawkwind Heat mustard (see "Cheeseburgers!") - but usually I mix some stone ground mustard together with balsamic vinegar and use that on the sandwich. I like the Hawkwind mustard, but for this meal, I'm going to go back to the balsamic-mustard mix.

Anyway, that's a lot of preamble for a simple recipe:
French bread
Sliced tomato
Arugula
Goat cheese brie
Tuna in olive oil
Balsamic vinegar + stone-ground mustard
Kalmata olives, optional
Hard-boiled egg, sliced, optional

Sandwich it up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment