Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

It was a wonderful Christmas this year. Joef and I headed back to my ole homestead in Oak Park to spend six days with my mom and dad. Joef's parents joined us, there were jigsaw puzzles and wonderful gifts, we decorated the tree, I went to a couple food-tastings for my best friend's wedding, I re-learned how to drive stick, we started training for Tough Mudder, and we were surrounded by wonderful friends and family.

And then there was the food. I don't have any recipes to share - yet - as I didn't do any of the cooking. But I wanted to put up a few photos in tribute to the real cooks of the family: Ma and Pa Popolizio. No wonder I like this stuff so much!

Orrechiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage

Seafood Salad

Spaghetti with Shrimp, Scallops, and Calamari

Baked Cod with Potatoes

Great-Grandma's Kuchen

Rolled Veal Breast with Pancetta and Rosemary

Lasagna (with Homemade Noodles)



Happy New Year, everyone! I love you, Mama and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment