Sunday, May 9, 2010

Toothpick Caprese


My cousin Jake tells me it's been a bit of a dry spell over here. So Jake: here are three recipes today to remedy that problem!

I actually did very little, if any, cooking this weekend, because my parents visited for Mothers' Day. This means that the blog gets the added benefit of two recipes from two highly-accomplished chefs (i.e., not me): my mom and dad. This toothpick caprese salad was my only contribution. It is rather tasty, though - a nice appetizer for the rest of the meal.

All you need is fresh basil, grape tomatoes (or cherry, if you halved them), fresh mozarella (in our case, by local Crave Brothers Farm), ground pepper, olive oil, and vinegar. Use toothpicks to skewer the mozzarella, basil, and tomato together until you have as many as you want. Place them on a platter, and lightly drizzle with olive oil and less vinegar. Grind black pepper on top.

UPDATE: No toothpicks? Just put all the ingredients in a bowl and eat it like a salad:

No comments:

Post a Comment